Shelby County is a special place to call home in Alabama. The county makes up so many cities and towns, here are a few: Alabaster, Columbiana, Westover, Montevello, Pelham, Chelsea, Wilsonville, Calera, Indian Springs Village, Harpersville, Vandiver, Wilton, Vincent, Westover, Helena and parts of Hoover, Leeds, Vestavia Hills and Birmingham. In the first quarter of 2020, Shelby County’s average sale price increased 8% since last year. It is a seller’s market, especially since the average days on the market decreased by 15% with only 45 days on the market. Not sold yet? See for yourself! We have 5 reasons you should make Shelby County your next home.
1. Cahaba River: Did you know that the Cahaba River is the longest free-flowing river in the southern United States? It is the perfect destination for kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing and picnicking. Consider packing up your supplies and the family to enjoy a much needed day on the river.
2. Popular Neighborhoods:New construction homes can offer great features like: sidewalks, streetlights and smart home technology. Willow Branch, Lakewood Estates, Hillsboro and Riverwoods are a few must see neighborhoods in the area. Niche areas and neighborhoods that are also popular are Indian Springs, Meadowbrook, Brook Highland, Riverchase, Greystone, Inverness, Calera, Chelsea, Altadena Woods, Caldwell Crossings, Blueberry Estates, Montevallo, The Preserve, Mount Laurel, just to name a few.
3. Moss Rock Trail: Recently named by Forbes as one of the top 50 trails in the United States to explore, Moss Rock trail should definitely be on your list of to-do’s. Needless to say, this is one of our favorite trails around. It is one of a kind. The 350 acre trail is home to natural wildlife, boulders, waterfalls and outdoor enthusiasts. The trail backs up to one of the fastest growing community developments, The Preserve. This development is a hidden jewel and is the epitome of southern charm.
4. Old Town Helena: One of Shelby County's best kept secrets is Old Town Helena. You will find local shops, rich history and children splashing around in Buck Creek. This is a quaint shopping area known to the locals. It is the perfect spot to check out when looking for a small town experience only fifteen minutes from Birmingham.
5. Oak Mountain State Park: The park is known for camping, hiking, swimming, canoeing, mountain biking, fishing, an 18-hole golf course and a great place to sit down and take in the natural surroundings.This park has all of your outdoor activities. It spans over 9,940 acres and is the largest state park in Alabama. This is the perfect day trip to take with friends or family!
Shelby County has so much to offer and more. Take time to go and enjoy these fun activities the next time you are in Shelby County. Alabama is the home of 22 state parks! That means you can explore more than one a month over the course of an entire year. You will not regret making a trip or a move to the area. Interested in living in Shelby County? Here are homes for sale in Pelham, AL. Here are homes for sale in McCalla, AL. Check out these homes for sale in Bessemer, AL. Don't miss out on homes in Chelsea, AL.
STAY INFORMED BY SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
RealtySouth is a full-service brokerage firm of HomeServices of America Inc., and a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, RealtySouth serves the entire state and has been a member of the community since 1955. To better serve our community and provide a smooth and successful real estate transaction, our company offers a comprehensive package of real estate services. Our services include relocation through our Relocation Services Department, mortgages through Prosperity Home Mortgage, title search through TitleSouth, insurance needs via InsuranceSouth, Title Closing Centers, warranty services and of course connecting you with the real estate agent to introduce you to the home of your dreams. View homes for sale and contact ustoday to get started!
Connect with us on social media! Like RealtySouth on Facebook, stay updated with us on Twitter, check out images of our properties and local events on Instagram, virtually tour our latest listings on YouTube and get ideas for your home and all things lifestyle with us on Pinterest.